Article 1 Service
- The Project collects image or video data, memories, messages and other text, etc. from User (“Provided Data”) in order to digitally restore Shuri Castle, which was devasted by fire, and publishes the results of the digital restoration and accompanying experience content to the general public and provides it to specified persons.
- Care will be taken to ensure that the publication and provision of the Provided Data in Article 1.1 is made in a form that does not include personal information of User.
- If a User chooses not to allow the publication of Provided Data on the Service, the User’s data will not be published.
Article 2 Rights for Provided Data
- All rights including copyrights relating to the Provided Data belong to User who provided the Provided Data.
- On providing the Provided Data for the Service, User grants to the Project a license to use the Provided Data, free of charge and without limit to region or duration, for the main purpose of research and development related to the Service but also without limit to the purpose (including the right of Project to sublicense to third parties).
- User agrees not to exercise moral rights for the Provided Data against the Project or third parties licensed by the Project.
Article 3 Portrait rights, etc.
User warrants to the Project that it will not infringe portrait rights, privacy rights, copyrights or any other third-party right in relation to the Provided Data.
Article 4 Prohibited actions
User must not engage in the following actions when using the Service.
- Action that breaches this Terms
- Action that violates laws and regulations
- Actions likely to cause damage to public order or morality
- Supply of profit or other cooperation action to an antisocial force, etc.
- Action that infringes the intellectual property rights such as copyrights, etc., portrait rights, privacy, reputation or other rights or interests of the Project, other User or other third party
- Use the Service for a purpose other than the usage purpose envisaged in the Service
- Contribute, etc. an expression that causes discomfort to others, including antisocial content using the Service
- Obstruct or hinder the operation of the Service or the use of the Service by another User
- Send a computer virus or other harmful computer program
- Alter, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble content, data or other software provided by the Service
- Falsify or delete Project information
- Impersonate the Project, other User or other third party
- Actions equivalent to those above
- Actions that support or promote those above
- Other actions that the Project determines that any of the above likely applies to, or that the Project determines to be inappropriate
Article 5 Disclaimer
If User or other third party suffers damage as a result of the process or result of User providing the Provided Data for the Service or otherwise using the Service, the Project is not liable for such damage to such User or third parties; excluding if there is willful intent or negligence on the part of the Project, provided, however, that in such case, the maximum compensation amount is 1,000 yen per User.
Article 6 Contractual status, etc.
- User may not assign, transfer, create security over or otherwise dispose of its status under this Terms or rights or obligations pursuant to this Terms without prior written approval of the Project.
- If the business of the Service is assigned to a third party, upon such business assignment, the Project may assign its status under this Terms, the rights, obligations pursuant to this Terms and User information to the Assignee of such business assignment, and User consents in advance to the assignment in this paragraph. The business assignment in this paragraph includes an ordinary business transfer as well as any other cases of business transfer.
Article 7 Amendment
- The Project may amend this Terms if it considers it to be necessary.
- If it amends this Terms, the Project shall notify the content and effective date of the amended Terms in advance by posting it on the Service or by another appropriate method; provided, however, that where the consent of User is required by laws and regulations, the consent of User shall be obtained by the method set out in the Project. If User used the Service after the date designated in the notice, such User shall be considered to have consented to the amended Terms, unless the effect is negated by laws and regulations.
Article 8 Inquiries
Any queries relating to this policy should be addressed to the following email address of the Project.
shurijo -at- hc.ic.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Article 9 Language, governing law and jurisdiction
- The original of this Terms is in Japanese, and the Japanese version shall take precedence if there is any discrepancy between a translated version and the Japanese version.
- This Terms is governed by the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo District Court shall be the agreed exclusive court of first instance for any disputes caused by, or relating to, this Terms.
Article 1 Acquisition of user information
- Name, email address, physical appearance, voice (when data is provided);
- Details of inquiries (time of inquiry); and,
- Cookies and other behavior history relating to the use of the Service by users (when the Service is used)
Article 2 Usage purpose
The User Information for service provision of the Service will be used for the following purposes:
- Introduce the Service and respond to inquiries, etc.;
- Respond to user inquiries (including carrying out ID checks);
- Carry out research for computer vision, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), tools and interfaces using these technologies and psychological changes, etc. these have on users;
- Regarding the research in Article 2,3), present it at academic meetings and in academic journals and carry out other research reports, presentations or publications (including online);
- Understand the use status of users and help improve, etc. the Service;
- For the security of, and prevention of unlawful access to, the Service;
- Respond to breaches of rules and policies, etc. relating to the Service;
- Notify amendments to the rules and policies, etc. of the Service; and,
- For other purposes incidental or relating to the above matters.
Article 3 Provision to third parties
The Project will not provide User Information that is personal information to third parties (including parties outside Japan) without obtaining the advance consent of users, excluding the following cases:
- If carrying out the research in Article 2,3) or the research reports, presentations or publications in Article 2,4) (provided, however, research reports and presentations shall be carried out in a manner that does not easily identify individuals);
- Personal information is provided for business succession
- Personal information is provided to a consignee in accordance with Article 4;
- If it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution or local public organization or a person entrusted with performing administration stipulated by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of users may hinder the performance of such administration; or
- It is otherwise permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other law or regulation.
Article 4 Entrustment of personal information
The Project may entrust the handing of personal information to an external source when operating or providing the Service or carrying out the research in Article 2,3). In such case, the entrustee shall be contractually, etc. obligated to handle personal information appropriately, and the Project shall conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the entrustee.
Article 5 Disclosure of personal information
When users request the Project to disclose personal information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act, the Project shall confirm it is a request from an actual user and disclose the information without delay (if there is no such personal information, then notification of such fact); provided, however, that this may not apply if the Project has no disclosure obligation pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws or regulations. Disclosures of personal information will incur a fee as separately set out by the Project.
Article 6 Corrections and usage suspension, etc. of personal information
- If a user requests the Project to 1) correct personal information details pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act on the grounds it is not accurate, or 2) suspend the use of the personal information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act on the grounds it exceeds the scope of the usage purpose announced in advance or on the grounds it was collected using unlawful means, the Project shall confirm it is a request from an actual user, carry out necessary investigations without delay and based on the results, correct or suspend usage of the personal information (“Usage Suspension”) and notify the user of such fact. If the decision is made that Usage Suspension will be not carried out, the Project shall notify the user of such fact.
- If a user requests the Project to delete its personal information and the Project determines it necessary to accept such request, the Project shall confirm it is a request from an actual user, delete the personal information and notify the user of such fact.
- Notwithstanding Article 6.1 and 6.2, if the Usage Suspension incurs significant costs, if such data is used in the Service in a non-separable form or if it is difficult to carry out the Usage Suspension, the Project shall, if it is possible to take substitute measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user, take such substitute measures.
- Article 6.1 through 6.3 do not apply if the Project is not obligated to carry out the Usage Suspension pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws or regulations.
- When users use the Service or view pages of the Service, the Project uses cookie information to automatically obtains User Information such as the pages viewed by users and the usage environment of users and records these on the server of the Project. This information is not for the purpose of identifying users and is used to improve service. Users can change settings and enable or disable cookies; provided, however, that if cookies are disabled, the use of some settings and services, etc. within the Service may become unusable.
Article 8 Inquiries
Please use the following contact details for inquiries relating to the handling of User Information.
shurijo -at- hc.ic.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp